From sneak previews of looks from backstage to some off-duty styling, I find that models’ Instagram are a great source of inspiration and that little bit of exclusivity you can’t get from magazines these days.
Here are the 5 accounts you should be following:
1) Neelam Gill / @NeelamKG – As Burberry’s first ever Indian campaign star, the doe-eyed beauty is paving the way for more ethnic diversity in fashion. Shooting with the legendary Mario Testinoand working alongside the likes of Suki Waterhouse, Neelam is definitely one to watch in the industry.. Oh and she’s only 19!
2) Binx Walton / @binxwalton – From Alexander Wang to the likes of Chanel and Saint Laurent, Binx Walton has some pretty impressive names under her catwalk belt, she was even named as the “Future Face of Fashion” by i-D Magazine this year! But on top of that, the Tennessee native is incredibly down to earth and has the greatest taste in music ever.
3) Harry Uzoka / @harryuzoka – Follow the British-Nigerian model’s Instagram for chilled city scenery, bits and pieces of art and of course, his own modelling work. Harry has worked with such a wide range of designers, from high end to high street, in fact, you might’ve seen him opening Ashish’s glittery SS15 show just last month. At only 22, we can only expect greatness from this guy.
4) Jasmine Tookes / @JasTookes – Jasmine is such a beauty and has one of those faces that speaks many possible origins. Her exposure to the industry was through her mother whom was a celebrity stylist and since being signed to IMG a few years ago, Jasmine can been seen walking for the likes of Prada and Miu Miu as well as starring in beauty campaigns for Lancome.
5) Chuck Achike / @_chuckjunior – There must be something in the water in Nigeria! Yet another British-Nigerian model you need to follow is Chuck Achike. You might’ve spotted him walking for Jeremy Scott’s first ever menswear collection for Moschino a few months ago. His ‘gram is exactly what you’d expect of a model; jet-setting and beautiful people galore.
We hope these will make your Instagram feed just a little bit more beautiful! Just don’t forget to throw in your own selfies too, you gorgeous thing you.
Words by Taylor-Dior Rumble (@xo_TDR)