In an interview with Tim Westwood, Rozay lets his fans know just how he’s been shredding the weight off; along with a trainer sent in from Reebok and exercise techniques including the all new #RossFit, Rick gives a shout out to what we can assume is now his favourite fruit, you know, because Diced Pineapples are so 2 years ago.
The great Greek poet Homer once described pears as being the “fruit of the Gods” or in this case, the fruit of a BAWSE- And being such a health and beauty geek, of course I had to check out the many benefits that come from what I thought, was an ordinary fruit. Check the amazing benefits of the pear below.
1) Prevents Skin Damage – Pears are loaded with Fibre which plays such a crucial role in keeping the skin smooth and soft; they decelerate the discharge of sugar into the bloodstream and prevent the damage of skin collagen.
2) Boosts the Immune System – Pears contain a high content of vitamin C, copper and a bunch of anti-oxidants which boosts our Immune System in the fight against various diseases.
3) Treats Oily Skin – According to several beauty blogs, mixing a smashed pear with fresh cream and honey (plain yoghurt will also do the trick just fine) makes a brilliant daily face mask to help combat oily skin.
4) Healthy and Nourished Hair – Pears, especially the ripe ones, contain a natural sugar alcohol named ‘glucitol’; which feeds the hair roots, nourishes the scalp and keeps the hair moisturised. I’d recommend combining a mashed, ripe pear with coconut oil and argan oil (or any of your own favourite oils) to create a hair mask, perfect for giving your tresses a little TLC.
5) Soft Pout – The lactic acid found in pears in keeps the cells of your lips healthy and hydrated, so in other words, eat a bunch before your next date!
Thanks for the heads up Rick. Shout out to all the Pear.
Words by Taylor-Dior Rumble (@XO_TDR)